Monday, February 2, 2009

Project 1 Sketches

Francisco International - Sliced Sandwich Bread

15 comments:

  1. I like the cardboard/tub idea. Not only can it seal in freshness and is in the shape of the bread, but it is also reusable.

    If you want the more upscale bread idea, then you should do the last packaging. That packaging shows the bread inside and it also seals the product (not well, but bread isn't supposed to be kept for a long time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your design are looking good. The one I like the most is the 5th one. It's always good to be able to see the product. Easy to open, take some of the slices of bread out, and just close the lid; so simple. Also, I like the 1st one. I like the design which is clean and simple. I like the plastic window you added to the side which makes it look more interesting. I'm looking forward to finding these new packaging in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good sketches! I like them all. However, if I have to choose #1 would be my selection. The shape is simple but interesting. The layout is nice and clean. Die cut with clear plastic window is a good idea too to show the product. Nice and clean with the sense of classical look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i really like the first one i think the concept is perfect. you said you wanted to move away from the bag idea and go for a storage container that worked as a package for the bread as well and this idea really combined them both. i like the arch in it, it gives it and organic feel to it which is good for bread products also the window in the front also helps sell the product because you can still the actual bread not just the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like #5 because of the shape and the die cut. The shape is unique and it can be easily stored; not only that but it'll be able to seal in the freshness and the bread will last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the overall designs of the boxes are interesting. The tub looking design is something that is unique but also keep the bread from outside environment and lock in the freshness. Or you could combine design from 3 and 5. which would make it easy to see the bread and keep in the freshness of the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boxes/tub seem awfully complex for a package that will be throw away relatively quickly. And they won't keep the bread fresh because there is too much air inside the package as it gets used up. That is why bread comes in plastic bags- to shrink the volume of air inside as the bread is used up. Unless the bread inside is again wrapped in plastic or paper, any box will just make the bread go stale faster. They will however keep the bread from getting smushed in the shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all your sketches. They are very clean, organized, and well designed. Good job. I like the first one more than any of them. I'm just not sure how practical that would be as far as storage at the stores because of the curvy (bent) top. My next favorite one is the third one. It reminds me of ice cream packaging. It will keep the bread fresh and also has a unique design. It's different than any other bread packagings I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job! i really like the first design with the curved lid. i think its really functional in that it will keep the bread fresher for longer. my only concern is that you will probably need some kind of window so people can see the bread before they buy it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your design idea especially the first one, it is more functional and easy to keep the bread fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of the carton, cardboard and box lol. It will be also useful if the container could be used after the bread is done. Nice ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1 is very neat, but I think the carton is more practical. It's stackable, easy to open and close, doesn't require twisting, tying, wrapping, folding, or locking. You just pop it off and pop it back on. I don't know about others, but I store my bread in the fridge to keep it fresher longer, so it being in a carton makes it so I don't have to worry about it gettin smushed, and I can shove it on top or stack it beneath another item without thinking twice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would consider number one my choice. I like the shape and calls to something different from the regular packaging we see around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like all of these. The first one is the most unique, but I think all of these would be great solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete