Sunday, February 15, 2009

Francisco Bread Packaging Progress

Here is my progress on the packaging for Francisco International Bread.
Last class I had a very basic mini mockup showing general logo placement and a design exploration with a revised logo, type treatment, color palette and patterns.


Here is my 3D "rendering" of the box and how everything will be laid out.
I'm really bad at drawing perspective...but I tried.


21 comments:

  1. The design is really coming along! I'm a little concerned with the side window, the one shown to the right, because this is usually the end piece, and all you would see is part of the crust, it's usually not an attractive part of the slices. I like the stripe idea, and think it'd be nice to perhaps toy with a small design inside the stripes to make it more interesting, or use a more contrasting green so that it contrasts nicely against the red.

    We discussed possibly using different colors for flavors/types of bread...have you picked/assigned the colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see green? the stripes are beige and cream colored.... atleast they are supposed to be and are on my monitor.. hm. that could be a problem! I guess I'll have to do some test prints.

    when I lay out the design flat I will see how the stripes could be made more interesting.

    I guess the most attractive part of the bread is the top? Ideally that is where I wanted to put the window but I just thought it was too much going on there already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The windows are a nice edition, it would be nice if you don't but the end slice against the window so the customer could actually see the inside of the bread rather than just the crust. I like the color choices, it reminds me of the trolley's and the golden gate bridge. Overall it looks good

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this but I feel like the window on the end is unnecessary. The stripes are a nice addition though. Its almost as if it is the slices of bread... Maybe you can actually make them align with the bread slices on the inside since you have that window on the side. Just a suggestion, it may be hard to actually do though. xD

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This box makes me happy. I would so buy bread in a box like that. One question, how are you going to seal it after it's open?

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking good. I like box idea for bread. I would like to see the window closer to the top and also some design element could play with the stripes. The stripes only are a little too plain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the idea is really charming and has a definite bakery feel. Maybe you can play around with the colors a bit more, like making the stripes closer to the color of actual bread and the crust and maybe this can vary depending on the different types of bread.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the design overall. My concern is how you will be able to construct this thing in such a manner that will allow it to reseal after opening the product. And does it have a handle or something that could be used to carry it around? That would be kinda neat, like if you had a few handles folded down on top of the lid or something. Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colors are working real nice. i like them together very elegant.

    Only problem im having is the die cuts that surround the box. i think maybe stick to 1 on the side, because it might not make the box so sturdy. I mean its not like you're gonna use it as an arm rest, but you wouldn't want something to fall on top and smash your bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design. I like the round top and also the place of the die-cut. I think your copy type has a good balance with the logo. The colors are working very well. I like the combination of beige and burgundy.

    Hedyeh

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coloration and stripes work really well together and with the logo. I don't think the side window is necessary though, as it would display an unattractive side of the bread. It is a very cohesive design overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like the colors you chose they compliment each other as well as looks sophisticated the stripes with the solid bottom is a great combo again it gives it a sophisticated look i also like the position of the die cuts the side and the front are the places i would want to look at if i were buying bread in a box. overall good job!
    -rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. good! i still love the box idea. you might want to chånge up the colors..its looking a bit olive green to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the box is great idea that color strip is good too. In a bread people tend to left out the last part of the bread they only eat the in between of it. Are you thinking of creating a window on the top rather on the side well that what i think. great design great layout great job

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the box idea is turning out great. I really like how the box can be used as a storage device which is really cool. The colors are very warm and welcoming. A huge upgrade from what the original product packaging is. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No it's not green lol. I like the color choices. Can't wait to see the mock up of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice color combinations and logo design. Im not so sure about the die cut placement, because its on the end sides of the bread... The overall look of your design gives the feeling of bread, which is good. Im interested to see how this turns out.
    -Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool. i really like this one. it might be cool to print your logo on the transparent side as well. does your box have a lip on the inside of the side walls? i don't remember if it did but that would be something you would want. design looks good actually mocked with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like what you have so far. I've never actually seen bread in a box or container before but this is an interesting clever approach. =)

    Sarom R.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your color choice, but maybe the green could be darker, just a little. I also like your elegant packaging and layout.

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  21. mock up is the true test. looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete